Monday, April 7, 2008

Project Plan, Week 2


At the end of week 2, we're still on target. (Click on the picture to see a larger view)

The ceiling was leveled and the electrical rough was finished. We also figured out where we wanted the recessed lights to go. If I were to ever do this again, it would probably make sense to talk to a lighting consultant or do more research on the topic, but we just winged it. We placed 12 recessed lights around the walking areas and the general work areas of the kitchen. We will also have above-cabinet and under cabinet lighting, plus 2 pendants over the island and a fixture over the sink, so I feel confident the room will be well lit. Considering the "old kitchen" was lit only by 4 florescent bulbs, anything will be better!

We're still waiting on the final layout/kitchen plans from the cabinet maker. This is making me nervous, but he assures us he's going to make the date. I would just like to have the design in my hand as soon as possible, along with a sample door so I can pick out tile and paint.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails