Friday, May 30, 2008

Installed water barrel


water barrel
Originally uploaded by screwtop
Some might think this is a little strange, but for Mother's Day a few years ago, I received a rain barrel. I'm sure not all new moms get excited about this kind of thing, but I'm not really a flowers and candy type of mom. This lovely rain barrel then spent over 2 years gathering rain on its own while it sat near the downspout. Every time it rained I would grumble about the "free" water we were missing out on. Jeff finally hooked it up for me this past weekend once I dug the "diverter" out of the basement.

Its supposed to rain tonight, so I have big plans of watering my flower beds (pictures to come after the weeds are pulled) this weekend with water captured from the roof.

If nothing else, this removes a tenured item from the to-do list!

1 comment:

From The Blog Author said...

Brilliant! I expect to see Jeff cutting out the bottom and wearing it with suspenders one day! Playing a banjo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails