Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Details details

We are planning for our massive (to us) kitchen remodel, and now that we found a great cabinet guy and have our hearts set on wood floors, its time for me to think about the details. This is always the hardest part of a project for me, trying to focus on a small piece like a cabinet pull and make sure it fits in with my grand scheme for the kitchen.

The theme for this kitchen is "clean and crisp" and I want this center of the home to feel inviting and stress-free. Walking in at the end of the day should feel like entering an oasis.

So, to compliment our white shaker-style cabinets, dark wood floors, marble and granite countertops, I'm sticking with polished nickel or polished chrome hardware. Yeah, I know its going to show every little fingerprint, but I think the shiny-ness is going to fit in nicely.

This is what I'm looking for, these pulls, knobs, and twisty-things, but in a budget-conscious price range. The ones shown below are from Restoration Hardware, but I'm really just looking for a knock-off.

Knobs:













Pulls:



Latches:












I'll be scouring ebay and clearance sales on the web for the next 10-12 weeks looking for it. And if I don't find it? We'll be prying open cabinets with our fingers until I do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails