The experience of the old home continues. Snow turned to rain before finally settling on ice. I'm not sure of the physics behind it, but as I wandered into my basement for my post rain check of the basement I noticed a lot more water then usual in the "wet locations". My usual practice is to shop-vac any puddles that violate the 1/3 rule. This rule is, if the puddle extends more the 1/3 of the space between the walls, I'll clean it up immediately, anything less I make a judgment call on my mood about the house that day. I vacuumed the 4 gallons and went to work.
After such days of rain and subsequent vac I check the spots again once I arrive home. This one particular location, was almost to my 1/3 line. I vacuumed again and tried to see where the water was coming from. I managed to follow it all the way back main water line coming through the fieldstone foundation.
The leak didn't seem like much, so I put a 2.5 gallon bucket under the drip. The house frustration was full for the day, up to the comfort of my family.
The following day I contact my savior and renovation consultant, Jon. I explained what was happening and some simple hydraulic cement should do the trick. Many hours later of researching such a wonderful product, Offspring #1 and I wander off to Lowes to grab a bucket.