Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Marley & Farmhouse

I took the big Beechnut to see "Marley & Me" and I cried. Not because of the story of the love between a dog and his family, although that was a tear jerker. I cried because I found a house that made me want to up and move. I have been searching the internets, but I can not find an image of the farmhouse that the family in the movie moves to outside of Philadelphia. Has anyone seen an image of this on the web? If so, please let me know where you found it, I want to show it to Jeff.

The stone farmhouse with a clapboard addition made me consider selling our current house and not care if there was a loss. It seemed so lovely and bucolic, even though it was barely shown in the movie. You know how a house can speak to you? That house spoke to me. It said "Come buy me, even though you probably can't afford me and you don't know where I am and its likely I'm not for sale. Plus, in all reality, I'm probably full of termites, lacking insulation, and don't even exist."

Its not a good sign to start the new year with house envy.

6 comments:

Di said...

Ugh. I feel your pain. I drove by a farmhouse with a small barn and outbuildings a few days ago... And it had a "for sale" sign in the yard. Now I can't get it out of my head. I even went so far as to call the realtor, to ask the price (listed price is with a HUGE parcel of land, but they are willing to split it). Everytime my phone rings, I get nervous thinking it's the realtor. *sigh* I know I'm being silly, since it's probably way too expensive, or if it isnt it's probably a dump, but still...

Jen said...

I am always looking at he background in movies. It gets on dh nerves. LOL

Larry said...

Yup...I know how you feel. This house spoke to us.

Anonymous said...

Glad you like our house. My wife and I bought it in 1996, and it was basically an abandoned wreck that we restored, and continue to restore. It was built in 1837 and is a classic Chester County farmhouse built adjacent to Brandywine Battlefield and the home of Andrew Wyeth (God bless) in Chadds Ford Pennsylvania. The movie loved the place and filmed here for about a month. My wife is a fine art photographer and Philadelphia Home Magazine did a recent article where you can find more pictures. Just search Lisa Tyson Ennis and and Farm Charm and you will find it
Glad you love it as much as we do.

Anonymous said...

I just rented Marley and Me, and LOVED that farmhouse too!! A big thanks to the owners for sharing their information. We used to live in MD and also PA, and the PA area is just gorgeous!! Many thanks for putting our curiousity to rest.ENJOY your home, its absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your house!!!! We are searching for a home in Chadds Ford right now, currently live in Aston. I would love a farmhouse but will have to settle for something MUCH smaller. As long as we're surrounded by all that beautiful scenery Near the battlefield. Anywho, I saw the movie last night for the first time and I have not been able to stop thinking about your gorgeous house! Thank You for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails