Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bathroom planning

I think its time to focus on the bathrooms in our house. I'll spare you the gory "before" details until we begin demo, but it involves blue-gray fiberglass tubs and surrounds. Starting with the Beechnuts' bathroom, we need a new toilet, tub, sink, tile, lighting... everything. I think we can keep the window, but since we're pulling up the floor, why not pull off the walls and insulate, right?

The room is small, like most bathrooms in old houses. Which means we can splurge a little on tile but need to maximize storage. Eventually there will be 2 teenage girls sharing this bathroom, so I think we'll need extra hair-dryer outlets and a large mirror. I'll have to figure out where we can put a large cabinet for beauty essentials.

Here's the basic plan/design.

  1. New bathtub, plain white
  2. Kohler Memoirs faucet, widespread
  3. Kohler Memoirs toilet
  4. Double shower curtain rod, perfect for when we have lots of guests
  5. Chrome triple sconce
  6. Stock Vanity painted BM Pink Ladies
  7. White ceramic penny tiles for floor
  8. Some type of sparkly tile accent stripe in the shower, with plain white subway tiles
I don't want to make the bathroom too girly, but I love that pink vanity since I saw it on House Beautiful. If we have to move, a few coats of paint will make the bathroom marketable.

I haven't really run the dollars on this project, so who knows if it would be affordable, but this is what I'm aiming for!

1 comment:

Bathroom Suites said...

some nice quaint ideas in there :) planning for the future too is always a good thing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails