Thursday, September 30, 2010

On the Road: Southwest Colorado

My baby brother was just married in Ouray, Colorado and we had a great time visiting. I think most people were busy taking photos of the mountains, but there were other grand details that caught my eye.


I was impressed by the Victorian cottages, dripping in trim.


There were beautiful chandeliers hanging in the barn where the couple were married. They were made to look like old oil lamps and it brought a refined touch to the rustic architecture of a barn.

The Beaumont Hotel was full of interesting things. This safe at reception was painted with pretty details, I love when someone thinks to adorn a utilitarian object.




The wrought-iron supports for the ceiling fans in the cafe, I love this kind of detail.

The house had some fun trim, I love the "eyebrows" over the upper windows.






Here's the happy couple leaving the wedding, isn't the Beaumont Hotel beautiful? That staircase was so grand.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails